Friday, April 1, 2011

Les Ambassadeurs Mayfair

Mr Vinegar has been to Les Ambassadeurs in Mayfair for a business dinner, without Mr Oil. It was not an auspicious occasion.

MrO: So how was Les A? I wish I could have been there.
MrV: No you don’t. I loathe that place now. It was quite the worst service I’ve ever experienced.
MrO: What went wrong?
MrV: I was there with a small group of Italians who as far as I could tell were trying to drum up some British interest in their wines. They’d sent ahead two cases for us to taste. I was there, unpaid, to give them my expert opinion.
MrO: That sounds like a fun dinner.
MrV: It should have been. But the dismal grunts at Les A couldn’t find the wine, then when they did all the white was warm because they hadn’t bothered to store it properly. And the room they put us in, the library, was quite unbearably hot and had no attending staff.
Mr O: So what did you drink?
MrV: Nothing. Nothing at all. For 50 minutes I sat dry as a bone on the inside and soaking with sweat on the outside. None of the Italians seemed to mind and it didn’t occur to them for 40 minutes that I might like a drink to from the bar to keep me going while the Les A morons chilled the proper stuff. Even then, the man who was going to get the drinks got distracted by something else and came back empty-handed.
MrO: What happened next?
MrV: I got up and left, but not before telling the Italians what I thought of their lousy hospitality. I also told the Les A reception girls – the only efficient people I encountered – what a crappy joint they worked for.

Mr Vinegar walked out of Les Ambassadeurs having consumed nothing at all.

Les Ambassadeurs
5 Hamilton Pl
London
W1J 7ED

0044 (0) 207 495 5555
enquiries@lesaclub.com
www.lesaclub.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List